Saturday, August 1, 2015

Coming to an End

I will likely be ending this blog soon. Not that I've ever consistently posted on it.

The ultimate reason being I am starting a wrestling podcast after Summerslam. Yes, I know there are plenty out there, and ones I know do a better job than I could. But hopefully my friends and I will find our niche.

This podcast, called 1-2-3 Podcast! (simulating a three count), won't be a straight up recap/review podcast, and we won't be necessarily covering every show. In the beginning, it will likely just be WWE Raw and PPVs on the Network. Maybe we'll branch out from that, we'll see.

This podcast will be joining my growing network of podcasts on Zone4Podcast.com. I hope you all check it out!

Since I'll be doing that podcast, and it will be on the Zone 4 site, I may just take to occasional blogs there instead of here. I've enjoyed having this avenue for when the mood struck me, but frankly I just don't watch wrestling timely enough anymore to keep this up regularly. I also am stuck watching the 90 minute Hulu version of Raw (hoping to change that after Summerslam though). So it just makes sense to move on from this blog, which is now 7 years old with only 140 posts (wow, 7 years?!). It's time to say goodbye.

Speaking of saying goodbye, two of the wrestling greats, Dusty Rhodes and Rowdy Roddy Piper have passed away recently. Piper just yesterday. I was shocked to hear the news of both, and very saddened by the loss.

I grew up watching both of these legends perform, loving every minute. As great as they were in the ring, they were even better on the mic. These two were two of the greatest talkers the wrestling business has ever seen or will ever see in my opinion.

I will be talking more about both on the first episode of 1-2-3 Podcast! as I just simply lack the time to do the topic justice here right now. But I wanted to say something, because I truly miss them both. I never had the pleasure of meeting either of them, but I followed their careers from the early '80s when I was a kid just getting into wrestling. Back then I watched everything I could, from the CWA, to the AWA, to the NWA, to the WWF and everything in between. The USWA, WCCW, UWF, you name it. If it was on TV, or I could find a VHS of it, I saw it. I was obsessed. And these two were two of my favorites.

American Dream and Rowdy One, you will both be greatly missed. May you both dine with kings and queens, and change all the questions!

RIP.

-B

No comments: